Library Borrowing Policy
The library is a valuable resource for the community, and we want to make sure that everyone has access to its materials. To do this, we have established the following borrowing policy:
- Who can borrow? Anyone with a valid library card can borrow materials from the library. Library cards are free and can be obtained at the library.
- What can be borrowed? Most library materials can be borrowed, including books, magazines, DVDs, and audiobooks. Some materials, such as reference books and computers, cannot be borrowed.
- How long can materials be borrowed for? The loan period for most materials is two weeks. Some materials, such as textbooks, may have shorter loan periods.
- Can materials be renewed? Materials can be renewed for an additional two weeks, if they are not requested by another patron.
- What happens if materials are not returned on time? Materials that are not returned on time will be considered overdue. Overdue materials will be blocked from further borrowing until they are returned.
- What happens if materials are lost or damaged? Patrons are responsible for the cost of replacing lost or damaged materials.
We appreciate your cooperation in following these policies. By doing so, you help to ensure that everyone has access to the library's resources.
- Displays: Books that are part of our monthly displays are limited to 2 per borrower.
- Interlibrary loan: If the library does not have the material that you need, you may be able to borrow it through interlibrary loan. Interlibrary loan is a service that allows libraries to borrow materials from other libraries.
- Fees: There may be fees associated with borrowing materials from the library. These fees may cover the cost of processing materials, lost or damaged materials, or interlibrary loan.
- Lost or damaged materials: If you lose or damage a library material, you will be responsible for the cost of replacing it. The cost of replacement will be based on the value of the material.
- Reinstatement of borrowing privileges: If you have lost your borrowing privileges due to overdue or lost materials, you may be able to have them reinstated. To have your borrowing privileges reinstated, you will need to pay any outstanding fees and return any overdue or lost materials.
- New Borrower Policy: For the first three months you have your new card, you will be restricted to borrowing 3 items at a time (one of which can be a new item or DVD).